Thursday 12 August 2010

The Adventure of My Life


This is my second attempt of blog posting. First one was about a year ago and I failed but this time I'll try again and extend my PLN.

The thing inspired me to write a blog post again is the trip I've made to the house of generous and hospitable Berni Wall. I've been in her house from the 1st to the 8th of August with a bunch of enthusiastic teachers like Eva Büyüksimkeşyan, Alexandra Francisco and Blanca Morales. Our aim to be there was to cover some parts of ELT like; reading, writing, speaking and vocabulary. We've also learned some new ideas from Gapfillers and thanks to Alex and Eva we've learned lots of new Web 2.0 tools.

In these eight days our lessons were held at the beautiful house of Berni's with its exteremely beautiful scenery and heartfelt members of the family.

It was also like a Bronte week to us. Through the week we watched Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and The Tenant of the Wildfell Hall. We made a trip to Haworth. We walked along the moors to get the impression of how The Bronte sisters felt and to see where did they get their inspiration from.

It was the adventure of my life. Being there, meeting new people, learning new things, breathing and feeling the breeze of England is an experience I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. it must be very inspiring for a young, willing teacher like you:)

    ReplyDelete